PION Rim Brake
The PION is a wheel that excels in any terrain, with a super stiff and lightweight deep section 32mm aluminium rim. The tubeless ready rim design makes this wheel compatible with the latest road bike & gravel tyres. Together with the durable DT Swiss 370 hubs and DT Swiss Aero Comp bladed spokes, the PION is a high performance all-rounder. Manufactured through DT Swiss, once again the highest possible Swiss quality and durability is assured.
Configure Your Wheels
|Weight / Rim||Front Wheel||Rear Wheel||Wheel Set||Aero Profile Height||Max. Rim Width||Brake Track Width|
The PION is a wheel that excels in any terrain, with a super stiff and lightweight 32mm deep aluminium rim. The wide 18mm internal width generates the stiffness whilst maintaining light weight and allowing the fitting of wider tyres from 23mm up to 30mm wide. The tubeless ready rim design, pre-fitted with tubeless rim tape, makes this wheel compatible with the latest road bike & gravel tyres. The PION wheels share the same high precision and durable DT Swiss 370 hubs from the HADRON Classic wheel line. Together with DT Swiss Aero Comp bladed spokes and lightweight aluminium nipples, the PION is a high performance allrounder which can accommodate almost all riders with an allowable system weight of 130kg. Manufactured through DT Swiss, once again the highest possible Swiss quality and durability is assured. Set weight = 1783g Rim Brake / 1809g Disc Brake.
Shimano, SRAM 10&11 speed cassettes (standard). XDR Driver & Campagnolo compatible with freehub kits available separately.
DT Swiss 370, custom for Swiss Side. Rim brake wheel hub/axle dimensions are: 5mm x 100mm front / 5mm x 130mm rear. Disc brake wheel hubs/axle dimensions are: 5mm x 100mm, 12 x 100mm front / 5mm x 135mm, 12 x 142mm rear.
DT Swiss Aero Comp J-bend spokes with DT Swiss ProLock standard aluminium nipples. Front Rim Brake (radial 1:1): 20 spokes. Rear Rim Brake (radial / 3-cross 2:1): 24 spokes. Front Disc Brake (2-cross 1:1): 24 spokes. Rear Disc Brake (2-cross 1:1): 24 spokes.
- High end stainless steel bearings
- Low friction thanks to single sided seals
- 2080 N load capacity per bearing
- Minimal bearing clearance
- Shipping costs are in addition to the pricing shown. Cost effective shipping is calculated based on your region at the checkout.
- All products ship from our EU warehouse located in Poland.
- For EU customers, all pricing shown includes VAT. Courier delivery time is typically 2-3 days.
- For international customers, including Switzerland and non-EU countries, all pricing shown is without VAT. Import duties and taxes (VAT) may be charged separately by your country’s authorities upon receiving your shipment. International delivery times vary depending on the shipping option chosen. Courier deliver is typically 3-15 days worldwide.
Tubeless ready rim tape (pre-installed), Valve extension, Tubeless valve, QR skewers.
All tyres from 23mm to 30mm can be used on this rim.
Rider Weight / Safety Notice
The maximum total system weight (bike + rider) for the PION wheelset is 130kg. Tyre pressures of 120psi (and tyre manufacturer's maximum pressure) should not be exceeded.