Frequently asked questions
Are Swiss Side wheels hooked or hookless?
All our wheels have hooks because it is safer and the tyre can not come off easily.
Hookless run with wider tyres, but are slower in every aspect.
Why should I buy Swiss Side`s aerodynamic wheels, instead of competitors?
The HADRON aero wheels are aerodynamically superior through Swiss Side's unequaled aerodynamic development methods. We bring the latest technologies, top-level engineering know-how, and people together to ensure the highest level of Swiss Side’s engineering capability and to produce an unrivaled product at a competitive price point.
„We push the boundaries of design, construction, materials and aerodynamics to bring cycling wheels into a new era.”
We offer real technologies only. No gimmicks, onlay relevant, real performance technologies, backed up by real date, proven to make you faster!
Where can I buy Swiss Side wheels?
Can I pre-order wheels if they are unavailable at the current time?
Absolutely, drop us an e-mail at No suggestions we can add you to the pre-order waiting list. Once the product becomes available we will contact you directly in order to process the order.
Will Swiss Side wheels fit my bike?
Our wheels are 700cc which is the standard road bike wheel size. Provided you have a standard-sized road bike, then our wheels will fit your bike.
Can I upgrade my rim brake wheels to disc brake wheels?
Indeed, converting from rim brakes to disc brakes involves significant effort. It's not just about changing the braking system; you also need new brake calipers, spokes, brake levers, brake cables, brake rotors, and a substantial amount of know-how. Not to mention the many hours you need to invest yourself. Additionally, most rim brake and disc brake wheels differ in terms of spoke count and rim width. Disc brake wheels tend to be much more aerodynamic as they can be wider. Rim brake wheels, on the other hand, have limited width due to the brake pads.
So, it's a complex endeavor, and we do not recommend it. Even professional wheel mechanics wouldn't reuse spokes, let alone the rim itself.
I've also conducted some research that supports our viewpoint, including insights from experts.
Which wheels do you suggest for road cycling?
The HADRON2 Ultimate/classic 800 are recommended for time trial and triathlon only. The combination of a 625 (front) and 800 (rear) setup is the most recommended for any wind conditions or for those athletes who are sensitive to the wind. At an extreme, the combination of a 500 and 800 setup can also be applied for very challenging wind conditions for very lightweight riders.
The 625s and 485/500s are recommended for road riding. For ultra hilly and changing wind conditions the 485/500s offer more wind stability at the cost of some aero performance. Overall, the fastest solution for the most hilly races is the 625 set. “Aero is King!”
What is the maximum tyre width you recommend for more comfort?
HADRON aero wheels
28mm tyres are the absolute maximum-width tyres you can use on our HADRON aero wheels. In this instance, we would suggest 28mm tyres at the rear and 25mm tyres on the front wheel. For optimal aerodynamic performance, we only recommend using 25mm tyres or less.
HADRON² aero wheels
Tyre sizes of up to 64mm are possible but we advise using tyre sizes between 25mm to 32mm. Our recommended tyre setups are as follows:
- For maximum overall performance: 25mm front and rear, with the option of 28mm on the rear for additional comfort. In general, we recommend this setup for average speeds of 25km/h or higher.
- For increased comfort and for example in training: 28mm front and rear.
- We recommend 8 bar tyre pressure for 25mm tyres and 6bar pressure for 28mm tyres however the maximum tyre manufacturer pressure should be respected and not exceeded.
How to seat tubeless tyre?
First of all, make sure the rim tape is intact and is sealed to the rim bed. So there should be no holes, folds, or tears in the tape, especially around the spoke holes. Secondly, check that the tubeless valve is seated well and fastened (not too tight) in place. Then with regards to the tyre itself, important is to lubricate the tyre bead and the rim bed with either some soapy water or some tubeless milk when mounting. Then push the tyre bead out of the rim well (the sunken center part of the rim) as much as possible before inflating. Normally this will be more than enough to get the tyre to seat, even without a compressor.
If all this fails, the tyre tolerances are probably too far on the loose side. To solve this, a second layer of tubeless tape will tighten the assembly and do the trick.
What are the recommended rider weights and tyre pressures?
Tyre pressures of 120psi should not be exceeded. The maximum permitted system (bike and rider) weights are:
- HADRON Ultimate Rim Brake: 100kg
- HADRON/HADRON² Ultimate Disc Brake: 110kg
- HADRON Classic Rim Brake: 105kg
- HADRON Classic Disc Brake: 115kg
What brake pads do you recommend for Rim brake whels?
We recommend only using the following Swiss Side approved brake pads with HADRON² aero wheels: SwissStop Black Prince Flash EVO and SwissStop Black Prince Flash Pro. These are available to buy on our online store. Failure to do so can lead to damage to the wheel and will void the warranty.
How do I install my sync ceramic bearings?
When you order the SINC Ceramic Bearings Upgrade Kit, you will receive a User Manual with information on how to install and use the component, as well as how to maintain the component.
Why are Swiss Side`s rim brake wheels limited to an inner rim width of 17 mm (disc brakes 20mm)?
We offer our rim brake wheels with a 17mm inner rim width as this is the maximum wheel width we can offer to fit standard rim brake frames and brake callipers.
When you combine a 17mm wheel with a 25mm tyre you have enough clearance on a typical rim brake frame, for example on a Cervelo A5, at the top of the fork and at the front of the chain stay.
Our wheels offer the best technology available in terms of wheel width on the market, and accordingly are the leading Aero-Dynamic Rim Brake Wheels on the market.
How quickly can a carbon rim wear down during breaking?
It's important to know that brakes only overheat and potentially cause a blowout if they are continuously and excessively engaged for a prolonged period. You probably are aware that proper braking involves applying them and then releasing gradually, repeating this process throughout the entire descent. Most blowouts occur when the rim overheats due to sustained braking.
You cannot damage the rim by braking; what matters is that during a descent, you avoid constantly keeping the brakes engaged, which would overload the rim.
Does the Disc brake wheel come with the rotor?
Disc brake wheels do not come with the lock nut (=disc brake rotor) nor the lock ring. Beacuse this is specific to the bike.
Can I change the bearing of a freehub?
We do not recommend to transfer the bearings from one freehub to a other. You can transfer the Shimano Freehub to the XDR Freehub, but we do not recommend it. Firstly, you are very likely to damage the bearings since they are generally pressed into the Freehub during manufacturing. Secondly, from a performance perspective, you won't gain any advantages by doing this. The only benefit of ceramic bearings is their longer lifespan.
If you intend to upgrade your standard freehub without ceramic bearings, we recommend purchasing a new freehub instead.
Do you ship internationally?
We ship worldwide using a renowned international courier service. Except the Swiss Side HADRON² DISC Rear Wheel for Rim Brake, which is not for sale or use in the USA and/or Canada. If your country is not offered as an option on our website, please contact us at email@example.com for further information.
Shipments to Canary Islands (in Spain):
Due to high courier costs of shipping to specific remote destinations, additionally surcharges may apply. Normal shipping costs to Spain do not apply to the Canary Islands. If you would like to have your wheels sent to the Canary Islands, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will look at all shipping options and provide you with a separate offer.
Which countries do not include free shipping on orders above €500?
Free shipping above € 500 does not apply to Norway, San Marino, Andorra, Malta, Cyprus, Canary Island, Azores.
Which countries include free shipping on orders above €500?
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Moldavia, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine
How much will it cost to deliver my order?
We have negotiated best possible rates on all shipments with our international courier. Delivery costs are calculated and added automatically on checkout. If your country is not listed on our website, please contact us directly at email@example.com for further information.
Will I have to pay custom duties on my wheels?
EU: All prices for EU Countries include VAT and are shipped from our Global Warehouse. When items are out of stock in our Global warehouse and shipped from our Swiss-based warehouse, EU Customers will pay Import VAT and duties on delivery.
CH: Prices for Swiss Customers will include 7.7% VAT and goods will be shipped from our Swiss-based warehouse.
Rest of the world: For all sales outside of the EU/CH (incl. United Kingdom), VAT will automatically be deducted from the prices shown at checkout. Import duties and taxes will be paid on delivery.
UK Shipments - Brexit
All shipments to the United Kingdom will incur duties and taxes charged to the end customer via UPS. These will include 20% VAT and any brokerage fees.
Due to BREXIT delays with UK Customs we are noticing shipments to the United Kingdom are taking roughly 2-3 weeks for delivery at this time.
How long will it take to process my order and for my package to arrive?
We currently offer standard shipping options for all our customers. Any orders* placed Monday – Thursday will be processed the same day and shipped the next business day. Any orders* placed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be processed the same day and shipped the following Monday. Shipping can take between 3-15 business days, depending on where you are in the world. (*international shipments have a processing time of 3-5 business days).
Deliveries Europe: normally 3-5 business days
Delivery Rest of the World: normally 7-15 business days, further delays may occur due to Customs Clearance at the destination country.
Returns and refunds
Can I return my wheels?
If you change your mind and you would like to return your merchandise, you may do so by contacting customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All unwanted products must be returned within 30 days of purchase in pristine, unused condition and in its original packaging.
A re-stocking fee of EURO 20.00 will be charged for all returns processed.
Returns must be sent back to our Warehouse in Poland by registered post and at the cost of the purchaser.
Once the product has been received, checked and approved, we will issue a refund or a credit note to the value of the order minus the original shipping and a the EURO 20.00 re-stocking fee.
Any returns requested after the 30 day limit is at the discretion of Swiss Side.
What happens if my package arrives damaged?
If your product arrives and has been damaged during transit, please take photos and report this to our courier & customer service center via the link provided in the shipping confirmation email. All damages suffered in transit need to be claimed and registered as soon as possible after receipt.
What if my package does not arrive?
Our courier service offers live tracking for all parcels. Please click on the link provided in your shipping confirmation email to track your parcel. Our standard shipping time is 3-5 days from the dispatch of goods from the warehouse. If you haven’t received your package by this time, please contact our courier service provided via the link given in your shipping confirmation email. If after this, you still cannot find your package, please contact us at email@example.com.
AERO CALF Sleeves returns
How do I know if I am eligible for a return?
To be eligible for a return, the textile product must be unused, in its original pristine condition, and accompanied by the original receipt or proof of purchase. Washed products will not be accepted. Only the products purchased on www.swissside.com website are eligible for refund through us. If you purchase your goods through a retailer, you should address your request to them. The return period is within 14 days from the date of purchase.
How does the return process work?
Prior to returning a product, please contact our customer support team firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the return process. They will guide you through the necessary steps. We recommend using a trackable shipping service when returning the product to ensure its safe and timely arrival. The customer is responsible for any return shipping costs, except in cases where the product is defective or does not conform to the agreed specifications.
How does the inspection and refund work?
Upon receiving the returned textile product, our team will inspect it to ensure it meets the eligibility criteria mentioned in Section 1. If the product is deemed eligible for a refund, we will process the refund within 14 days of receiving the returned item. The refund will be issued to the original payment method used during the purchase, unless otherwise agreed upon. In case the return does not meet the eligibility criteria, we will contact you to discuss alternative options, such as a repair or exchange.
What if my product is defective?
If you believe the textile product you received is defective or does not conform to the agreed specifications, please contact our customer support team immediately. We may request additional information or evidence, such as photographs, to assess the issue and determine the appropriate course of action. If the product is confirmed to be defective, we will arrange for a return shipping label or cover the return shipping costs. Depending on the circumstances, we will either offer a refund, repair the product, or provide a replacement.
General consumer rights
The Return Policy is designed to comply with EU regulations and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. Your rights regarding faulty or misdescribed goods are protected under the EU Consumer Rights Directive. Please note that this Return Policy is subject to change without prior notice. It is recommended to review the policy on our website or contact our customer support team for the most up-to-date information.
Warranty, repair and crash policy
My wheels are damaged, who should I contact?
If your product is damaged as a result of a manufacturing defect. Please take photos and contact either your local retailer where the wheels were purchased from, or email@example.com. We can determine what the issue is and provide you with the relevant support.
All of our 2018 HADRON aero wheels or newer are manufactured by DT Swiss, and Swiss Side customers are able to benefit from their extended after-sales services. DT Swiss has a worldwide network of qualified Service centers. All warranty and service claims must be first processed through Swiss Side at firstname.lastname@example.org. Afterwards you will be able to contact the service center in your region: https://www.dtswiss.com/en/support/service-center/
We grant the statutory warranty of 24 months from the data of purchase for all Swiss Side products. The original sales receipt is required for all warranty claims.
- Products with damage which has been caused by material or manufacturing faults shall be replaced or repaired by Swiss Side free of charge within the warranty period.
- The warranty requires that the product has been used properly and that the maximum system weight has not been exceeded.
- Normal wear and tear, the wearing out of components as well as visual faults are excluded from the warranty.
- The assertion of warranty rights requires that all details about the assembly, use and maintenance in the operating instructions have been complied with. The product must not have been modified or used in combination with incompatible parts. The product must have been correctly assembled; all repairs must have been correctly completed.
- The serial number of the product must be identifiable.
- Warranty rights are void through incorrect use or misuse of product, use other than its intended correct and proper use, carelessness or damage caused by accidents.
- If you make use of the warranty and the product has to be replaced, the damaged product becomes the property of Swiss Side when it is sent.
Swiss Side Technologies AG and its partner DT Swiss AG are not liable for further damage, in particular for indirect damage, consequential damage and subsequent damage. Further claims according to applicable compelling law are reserved.
The place of performance and jurisdiction shall be Thalwil/Switzerland. Swiss law shall apply. Regional laws may supersede where applicable.
HOW TO PROCEED IF YOUR PRODUCT IS DAMAGED?
How to proceed if my product is damaged?
- First, please contact your local dealer or email@example.com
- In a second step, the product must be sent to our partner DT Swiss Service Centre to be checked and, if necessary, the carbon rim will be replaced.
- For wheels: tires, cassettes, and brake discs must be removed before sending the wheel.
- Swiss Side shall assume the return shipping cost to the customer. The customer shall bear the shipping costs to Swiss Side or our partner DT Swiss Service Centre and any customs fees.
Fair share policy
Extended warranty regulations for carbon wheels
In addition to the statutory 24-month warranty which applies from the date of purchase of any Swiss Side product from 1st January 2021, we offer an extended warranty service for carbon wheels with our Fair-Share Policy offered through our partner DT Swiss AG.
We offer for the original verifiable owner a lifetime warranty for material and workmanship defects. Of course, this covers also any proper end-use-category riding damage that might result from such a material or workmanship defect. All other damages that occur during the use of the product are regulated by our Fair-Share Policy. We guarantee the original verifiable owner a helpful, cost-conscious as well as environment-friendly solution and will replace the broken rim within the first 10 years after the date of purchase as part of our Fair-Share-Policy, for a service fee of CHF 249 // EUR 249 // USD 249.
No registration required
We don’t require product registration in advance. Instead, we offer you uncomplicated assistance. In the event of damage, only the original sales receipt is required. With this, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Conditions and exemptions for using the Swiss Side/DT Swiss Fair-share policy
- Wheels with damage which has been caused by material or manufacturing faults shall be replaced or repaired for the respective first owner by Swiss Side free of charge without a period of limitation.
- For wheels which have been damaged by riding errors, punctures or spoke damages to such an extent that it is no longer safe to use them, Swiss Side shall grant a 10-year warranty. In this case, you shall make a co-payment of CHF 249/ EUR 249 / USD 249 per wheel.
- The warranty in accordance with the Fair-Share Policy requires that all details about the assembly, use and maintenance in accordance with the operating instructions of the wheel have been complied with. The wheel must not have been modified or used in combination with incompatible parts.
- The warranty in accordance with the Fair-Share Policy requires that the wheel has been used properly and that the maximum system weight has not been exceeded.
- Damage which has been caused by you due to improper storage or transportation, as well as visual impairments, are excluded from the Fair-Share Policy.
- The Fair-Share Policy applies for the original verifiable owner with an original sales receipt where the product description is identifiable.
- The Fair-Share Policy refers only to Swiss Side carbon wheels from model year 2021 (and later) which were purchased after 01/01/2021.
- The Fair-Share Policy does not apply to wearing parts such as ball bearings, freehub bodies, freehub system components and the tubeless ready tape.
- The serial number of the wheel must be identifiable.
- If you make use of the Fair-Share Policy and the wheel/rim has to be replaced or swapped, the wheel/rim that was sent becomes the property of Swiss Side.
- Other or further claims of the customer according to applicable law remain unaffected by the Fair-Share Policy.
- Swiss Side and DT Swiss AG are not liable for further damage, in particular for indirect damage, consequential damage and subsequent damage. Further claims according to applicable compelling law are reserved.
- The place of performance and jurisdiction shall be Thalwil/Switzerland. Swiss law shall apply. Regional laws may supersede where applicable.
How to proceed if my wheel is damaged?
- First, please contact your local dealer or email@example.com
- In a second step the product must be sent to our partner DT Swiss Service Centre to be checked and, if necessary, the carbon rim will be replaced. Tires, cassettes, and brake discs must be removed before sending the wheel.
- Swiss Side shall assume the return shipping cost to the customer. The customer shall bear the shipping costs to Swiss Side or a DT Swiss Service Centre and any customs fees.
Crash replacement scheme
The Crash Replacement Programme is valid for 24 months from date of purchase.
This service can be engaged in case of a broken SWISS SIDE wheel purchased between 1st January 2018 and 31st December 2020, which can't be used anymore due to a self-inflicted accident or crash. SWISS SIDE through DT Swiss offers a special discount of 50% on the official MSRP for an equal or comparable replacement wheel. To profit from a beneficial repair service and to get you back on your saddle, register your HADRON aero wheels soon after purchase by sending the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Copy of receipt
- Your name, address and email address (if not clear on receipt)
- Price and currency paid (if not clear on receipt)
- Date of purchase (if not clear on receipt)
- Product Name
- Serial Number (these can be found in the wheel bed, on the rim tape)
- Where you purchased your HADRON aero wheels
- Country you purchased your HADRON aero wheels from
You could not find what you were looking for?
We are happy to help. Pelase contact our customer service and let us know what you are looking for.